- Offer a freebie or lead magnet, such as an e-book, whitepaper, or free trial, to entice people to sign up for your email list.
- Use pop-ups on your website to encourage visitors to subscribe to your email list.
- Add a sign-up form or call-to-action (CTA) to your website’s homepage or sidebar.
- Use social media to promote your email list and encourage followers to sign up.
- Use exit-intent pop-ups to target visitors who are about to leave your website.
- Offer exclusive discounts or promotions to email subscribers.
- Use referral marketing to encourage current subscribers to refer friends and family to your email list.
- Use gated content to require visitors to sign up for your email list in order to access certain resources.
- Attend trade shows and events to collect email addresses in person.
- Include a sign-up form or CTA in your email signature.
- Create a quiz or survey that requires visitors to provide their email addresses in order to receive their results.
- Use paid advertising to promote your email list on social media or search engines.
- Host a webinar or online event and require attendees to sign up for your email list to participate.
- Use gamification, such as contests or giveaways, to encourage people to sign up for your email list.
- Partner with other businesses or influencers to cross-promote each other’s email lists.
- Use customer feedback forms or satisfaction surveys to collect email addresses.
- Create a referral program that rewards subscribers for referring new subscribers to your email list.
- Use offline marketing tactics, such as direct mail or in-store signage, to promote your email list.
- Use lead generation tools, such as Hello Bar or Sumo, to create targeted pop-ups and sign-up forms.
How Does Email Octopus Work
EmailOctopus has an email list approval process that ensures great service quality and delivery rate.
Many marketers still purchase email lists, which is illegal and affects the email provider’s service. This is why EmailOctopus takes time, usually one business day, to check the email list carefully.
If you are getting started, you can use a landing page and form to start building an email list.
Various templates are available to help you design your first email. All of them are customizable and easy to use.
Once you have sent an email, you can check analytics details like open rate, engagement, subscribers, and unsubscribers number.
You can use filters and tags to keep your list organized or create segments based on their interests and status in the customer journey.
Plus, you can set all your important campaigns on autopilot. The automated workflow lets you set multiple automated campaigns, which will be delivered to your subscribers after a set timeframe.
Everything in EmailOctopus is easy and quick. You won’t find any confusion in any of your tasks.
The pricing plan of EmailOctopus is quite simple. There are two plans, including a free plan.
- Starter (FREE)
- Pro (starting from $8 per month)
EmailOctopus has a free plan to engage with 2,500 subscribers and send 10,000 emails monthly.
The Starter plan is free of cost and comes with the following features.
- EmailOctopus branding on emails
- Reports available for 30 days
- Create up to 3 landing pages and forms
- Access for one user
Try EmailOctopus risk-free.
Pro (starting from $8 per month)
The Pro plan of EmailOctopus gives you access to all features. Pricing of the Pro plan depends on the total number of subscribers. The number of emails you can send monthly will also depend on the number of subscribers.
The number of subscribers starts from 500 for $8 per month and can be as many as 500,000 subscribers for $1010 per month. For 500,000+ subscribers, you’d need to contact customer service for a quote.
The features of the Pro plan include
- Full control over your email design
- Reports available forever
- Unlimited landing pages and forms
- Add unlimited users
- Cancel any time
Top-Features of EmailOctopus
Create a List
A better understanding of why people are subscribing to your list is important for high customer engagement.
This is why it is helpful to customize your list into different segments. It ensures a high level of personalization and connection with your audience.
In EmailOctopus, you can create different lists. For example, if you are running multiple niche-based businesses, you can create separate lists for different topics catering to different audiences.
Segments & Tags
Within a list, you can organize contacts with different tags and segments.
For example, you have a content marketing newsletter. Among many of its aspects, two are” copywriting and SEO.
Let’s say some of your audience is highly interested in copywriting-related topics, and stats show that they are more likely to engage and make a transaction in SEO-related content.
If you go the extra mile and keep a record of what your audience is most interested in, you will form a deep connection.
Segments and tags are designed to help you with this.
With segments, you can categorize lists with sub-niches your audience is most interested in. You can further classify those sub-niches with tags to make more specific sets.
Double opt-ins help you ensure that all of your subscribers want to keep receiving emails from you.
When subscribers reassure their preferences, they have a highly engaging list. Reassuring a subscription makes subscribers more likely to open, click, and stay responsive.
Contacts Import & Export
EmailOctopus lets you easily import and export your email list.
So, if you are shifting from any other email service provider, you can import your list from a CSV file. You can also export your list of subscribers or unsubscribers in a CSV file.
Landing Pages & Forms
EmailOctopus have a stack of solid templates for landing pages and forms. You can have only three landing pages/forms in the free plan.
There are more than 30 pre-design landing page templates. These templates come with complete customization so you can re-design them with your brand’s logo and color.
Here is the list of features included in the landing page option of EmailOctopus,
- A block editor for customization with headers, social handles, text, image, and divider option
- Options to change the heading color, text color, the width of the page, background image, and font size
- Custom page URL, SEO, and analytics options to help in better rankings
There are four different styles of forms in EmailOctopus.
- Hello bar
- Pop up
Within each style, there are different pre-made templates. With the preview option, you can select and edit any of the templates and see how it looks in real time.
EmailOctopus lets you set campaigns with advanced settings. These settings help you track open tracking, click tracking, Google Analytics link tracking, and personalized ‘to’ fields.
These are the emails you set on autopilot. You can personalize each campaign for a specific audience from a specific list.
EmailOctopus lets you select the list and segment to which you want to send the emails. The subject line of emails supports the merge text feature with information such as estimated time to read.
To write email content, you will be presented with templates to choose from.
Once done, you need to set the delivery time and other settings, and your campaign is ready to go.
The Automation feature of EmailOctopus helps you save time by automating your marketing campaigns.
Depending on the expected actions and triggers, you can define a set of actions to run on autopilot. There are multiple triggers available to help you start with the automation settings. For example,
- Contact added to the list: this starts automation when a contact is added to the list
- Contact field updated: if any of your email subscribers update their contact details
- Contact tag added: when you add a tag for a contact
- Manually via another automation: strat automation is manually triggered by an action of another automation
- Manually via the API: set an API trigger to start automation manually
But the automation feature of EmailOctopus is not available on the free plan. You need to subscribe to a paid plan to use it.
Email Octopus does not have transactional emails
EmailOctopus has 30+ email templates to help you get started. These are professionally designed templates with eye-catching designs and balanced color combinations.
You can easily send or manage an email campaign. Based on your requirements, you can amend designs and make adjustments.
Or else you can create your template using a drag-and-drop editor. If you already have a template that you want to use, you can import it into your EmailOctopus account.
EmailOctopus gives you access to extensive data on marketing campaigns in your report. It includes information and metrics about the actions performed by your subscribers, including
- Clicks on links shared in the email
- Number of unsubscribes
- Bounce rate
- Did not open
- Did not click
These details will be presented in graphs to help you interpret and share this data with insights. You can find these in the reports section, where it might take an hour to generate your report.
Integrations & Developer API
Besides all of the result-driven features, EmailOctopus enables you to integrate all of your favorite apps within a dashboard.
You can integrate any marketing tool, including
- Polite Pop
And many more.
Not just that, if you want to create something new out of your EmailOctopus account, you can create API keys. With EmailOctopus Developer API, you can permit an application or website to interact with your account.
What is EmailOctopus Connect?
EmailOctopus Connect is the original product launched by the company back in 2015. This is an email marketing service designed to accommodate the needs of techy-email marketers using Amazon Simple Email Service (SES) because of its cheap rates.
Amazon SES is a service designed for bulk email marketing and transactional emails. But Amazon SES has only a few or limited features to accommodate the updated needs.
With EmailOctopus Connect, you can connect your Amazon SES account and send emails at the same low cost. But you can use the advanced stack of features offered by EmailOctopus.
Amazon SES doesn’t charge you anything for the first 62,000 emails a month. For the additional 1,000 emails you send, you will have to pay a fee of $0.10, which is too low.
So, if you are using EmailOctopus Connect, you will pay for the number of subscribers. There’s no limit on the number of emails you send each month.
The free starter plan covers your 2,500 subscribers. This means you can send 62,000 emails to your 2,500 subscribers each month without paying any fee (but if you exceed 62,000 emails, you will be charged $0.10 for 1,000 emails per month).
The paid plan starts from $20 per month for up to 5000 subscribers. If you stay within the limit of Amazon SES, which is 62,000 emails a month, you won’t be charged anything. But you will have to pay an extra fee if exceeding the limit of the number of emails.
Beehiiv vs EmailOctopus
Beehiiv and EmailOctopus both are known as creators’ friendly newsletter platforms. Both are the one-stop solution with access to all features you need.
Comparing the ease of use, both tools are good and lack nothing. But I personally like the interface of Beehiiv.
Beehiiv lets you offer a newsletter referral program to grow your audience. EmailOctopus doesn’t have an in-house solution for it. Instead, it offers integrations.
Beehiiv also lets you monetize your newsletter and make money from it. But in EmailOctopus, there’s no option like that.
Another factor is pricing. Beehiiv’s free plan lets you engage with 2,500 subscribers with an unlimited newsletter. EmailOctopus also lets you cater to 2,500 subscribers but comes with a limited number of emails, 10,000 emails per month.
So, if you are confused about these two tools, my vote will be for Beehiiv — a much better option with better features and interface.
Read my Beehiiv Review for more details.
GetResponse vs EmailOctopus
GetResponse is an all-in-one email marketing service provider. It has a list of features to help you grow in email marketing.
When comparing GetResponse and EmailOctopus, GetResponse is taking the lead with the website builder, chat options, eCommerce solution, Webinar hosting, and sales funnels.
EmailOctopus has a compact list of features to help you with email marketing. There are no in-house features for webinars, customer chat, websites, and others.
However, the developer API access and integrations let you do everything. You’d need the account of other tools and connect them with EmailOctopus. But for many of us, it is daunting and expensive too.
The free plan of GetResponse caters to 500 contacts with a limit of 2,500 newsletters per month. On the other hand, EmailOctopus has a limit of 2,500 subscribers with 10,000 newsletters.
I’d say if you are getting started to grow gradually while keeping things simple, EmailOctopus would be a better option because of its easy features.
GetResponse is suitable for marketers with dynamic needs.
Creating a strong bond with your connection is easier with email marketing. But your reputation depends on the service you use.
EmailOctopus is a great newsletter service platform with a good email deliverability score. It is taking the additional step of checking email lists to ensure quality service.
It is a cost-effective tool that lets you serve many subscribers in the free plan.
If you are getting started, EmailOctopus is a good option. Try EmailOctopus for Free.
Mailjet is an email delivery and marketing automation platform that enables businesses to send marketing and transactional emails as well as track email performance. Here’s my review of Mailjet based on its pricing, pros, and cons, what it’s best for, and its alternatives.
Mailjet offers a variety of pricing plans based on the number of emails sent per month and the features you need. Their plans start at $15/month for up to 15,000 emails and go up to $425/month for up to 500,000 emails. They also offer a pay-as-you-go option for users who need to send a large volume of emails occasionally. Compare pricing with other providers
- Easy to use: Mailjet has a simple setup process and an easy-to-use interface that even beginners can navigate.
- Personalization: Mailjet allows you to personalize your emails based on customer behavior, interests, and preferences.
- Deliverability: Mailjet ensures high deliverability rates with its powerful email delivery infrastructure and anti-spam measures.
- Integrations: Mailjet integrates easily with popular email platforms like Gmail, Yahoo, and Outlook.
- Limited customization: Mailjet offers limited customization options, which may not be suitable for businesses that require more branding and personalization.
- Limited analytics: Mailjet provides basic analytics like email opens and clicks, but it doesn’t offer in-depth data analysis.
- Limited automation features: Mailjet’s automation features are not as advanced as some other email marketing platforms.
Uploading new contacts manually sometimes takes long time.
Best for… and alternatives
Mailjet is best for that need a reliable and affordable email delivery service. It’s ideal for businesses that send a high volume of transactional emails, such as password resets, order confirmations, and receipts. We would put the Mailjet between SMTP2GO (for delivery service) and OctopusMail – where marketing manager can create and send the campaign quit easily.
- Flexible Architecture: Mailet provides a flexible architecture that allows developers to build complex email processing workflows using a set of reusable components called “mailets”.
- Easy Integration: Mailet is designed to be easily integrated with other Java-based applications and frameworks, such as Apache James, Spring, and Camel.
- Extensibility: Mailet provides a modular architecture that enables developers to extend and customize the functionality of the framework by implementing their own mailets.
- Mail Filtering and Routing: Mailet provides built-in support for filtering and routing incoming email messages based on various criteria, such as sender, recipient, subject, and content.
- Email Transformation: Mailet provides tools for transforming and manipulating email messages, including adding and removing headers, changing the content type, and modifying attachments.
- Error Handling: Mailet provides a robust error-handling mechanism that enables developers to handle errors and exceptions gracefully, including retrying failed mail deliveries and logging error messages.
- Scalability: Mailet is designed to be highly scalable, with support for distributed processing and clustering.
SMTP2GO is best for businesses that need a reliable and secure email delivery service for their applications and services for sending transactional emails, such as password resets, order confirmations, and receipts.
SMTP2GO offers a variety of pricing plans based on the number of emails sent per month. Their plans start at $10/month for up to 10,000 emails and go up to $520/month for up to 1 million emails. They also offer a pay-as-you-go option for users who need to send a large volume of emails occasionally.
- Reliability: SMTP2GO guarantees email delivery with its reliable servers and infrastructure.
- Easy to use: SMTP2GO has a simple setup process and an easy-to-use interface that even beginner developers can navigate.
- Security: SMTP2GO ensures secure email delivery by encrypting emails with SSL/TLS encryption and offering two-factor authentication.
- Integration: SMTP2GO integrates easily with popular email platforms like Gmail, Yahoo, and Outlook.
- It is not suitable for businesses that need a user-friendly interface, as it requires some technical knowledge.
- Limited customization: SMTP2GO offers limited customization options, which may not be suitable for businesses that require more branding and personalization.
- Limited analytics: SMTP2GO provides basic analytics like email opens and clicks but doesn’t offer in-depth data analysis.
- Easy integration: SMTP2GO can be easily integrated with various email clients, applications, and platforms, including Outlook, Gmail, WordPress, and more.
- Reporting: SMTP2GO provides detailed reporting and analytics, including open email rates, click-through rates, bounce rates, and more.
- Email authentication: SMTP2GO supports various email authentication methods, such as SPF, DKIM, and DMARC, to ensure that emails are sent securely and are less likely to be marked as spam.
- Dedicated IPs: SMTP2GO offers dedicated IP addresses to businesses that send large volumes of emails, helping to improve email deliverability and reputation.
- Advanced security: SMTP2GO uses advanced security measures, such as TLS encryption and two-factor authentication, to protect email communication and prevent unauthorized access.
- Mailjet is an email delivery service that offers advanced features like email validation and basic drag and drop email campaign creation.
Complete the following fields:
Analyze these metrics below to improve email open rates for [brand/product]:
Write an email to a [describe prospect] who is struggling with [business problems or pains] and wants [prospect’s goal or desire]. Mention that my offer is [offer description], warranty is [warranty offered], and my credentials are [summary of your credentials]. Invite the prospect to book a call with you. Use a friendly tone and keep the email short.
Write a 200-word cold email that includes:
Offer: We can get you 5 appointments in the next week or you won’t pay.
Credentials: We have worked with 100 clients in their same niche.
Call to Action: If you are interested, please reply to this email and I will send you my calendar.
Open questions and important phrases:
- Could you write a cold email to prospects that begins with “Dear [Prospect]”?
- Write a cold email to prospects that includes one sentence about our company, “We are [Company Name] and we specialize in [Company Specialty].”
- Could you create a cold email to potential customers that explains the unique benefits of our products/services?
- Write a cold email to prospects that includes a special offer, “Take advantage of our [Special Offer] today!”
- Could you write a cold email to potential customers that emphasizes our dedication to customer satisfaction?
- Write a cold email to prospects that includes a call to action, “Contact us today for more information!”
- Could you write a cold email to potential clients that highlights our company’s values and mission?
- Write a cold email to prospects that includes customer testimonials, “See what our satisfied customers are saying about us…”
- Could you create a cold email to potential customers explaining why they should choose us over our competitors?
- Write a cold email to prospects that ends with a personalized message, “We’re excited to work with you, [Prospect]!”
Complete the following fields:
Write an email to welcome new customers to [describe company].
Write an email to welcome new customers, mentioning their login information and telling them they can contact you with any questions at [insert customer service email].
Write an email that welcomes new subscribers to my list, thanks them for opting in, and mentions that I will be sending out valuable information in the coming days.
Open questions and important phrases:
- “Write a new customer welcome email that provides an overview of our products and services.”
- “Can you write an email that welcomes new customers and offers support for their onboarding experience?”
- “Compose a welcome email outlining the process for accessing and using our products and services.”
- “Can you compose an email that introduces the customer to our team and provides contact information for any questions or concerns?”
- “Write a welcome email that emphasizes the importance of customer satisfaction and our commitment to your success.”
- “Can you create an email that provides a timeline of events and milestones for the customer onboarding process?”
- “Compose an email that highlights the resources and tools available to help new customers have a successful onboarding experience.”
- “Can you compose an email explaining our policies and procedures for customer support and billing?”
- “Write a welcome email that encourages new customers to ask questions and seek support during the onboarding process.”
- “Can you create an email that ends by expressing excitement about the arrival of the new client and reiterating our commitment to their success?”
Complete the following fields:
Prompt 1: Analyze the tone of voice and writing style of this text: [insert a text that represents your tone of voice and writing style]
Hint 2: Use that tone of voice and writing style to write an email that [describes the email]
Write a one-minute script for a commercial about [product, service or company].
Generate a weekly newsletter email for prospects that includes:
Update: We have exciting news for you!
Content: Our [insert something you want to highlight] is online and you can take a look here [include the link]
Benefits: This will help you [insert your first benefit], [insert your second benefit] and [insert your third benefit].
Call to Action: If you want [main benefit] without [main objection], this is definitely for you.
Open questions and important phrases
- “Compose a weekly newsletter email for our customers that highlights new products, promotions, and events.”
- “Can you compose an email that provides a short summary of the most popular articles and content from the past week?”
- “Write a weekly newsletter email featuring success stories and customer testimonials.”
- “Can you compose an email that includes industry news and trends relevant to our clients?”
- “Write a weekly newsletter email offering tips and resources to help clients achieve their goals.”
- “Can you create an email that features special promotions and discounts for our products and services?”
- “Write an email highlighting upcoming events, webinars, and workshops for our customers.”
- “Can you compose an email that provides a sneak peek of new products and features in development?”
- “Write a weekly newsletter email that features user-generated content and encourages customer engagement.”
- “Can you create an email that concludes by expressing gratitude for the customer’s support and reiterating our commitment to their success?”
Complete the following fields:
Generate a cart abandonment email for potential customers that includes:
Reminder: You have left [insert the name of your product/service] in your cart.
Benefits: Our [insert the name of your product/service] offers [insert your first benefit], [insert your second benefit], and *[insert your third benefit] *.
Call to Action: Complete your purchase and enjoy [insert your offer or incentive].
Contact Information: Contact us at [insert your preferred contact method such as phone, email, or chat] at [insert your team’s email address or phone number] if you need help.
Write a 3 email sequence to potential customers who started buying [product] but didn’t complete their purchase. Use urgency by saying that your [percentage]% discount will expire in 48 hours, and use a playful tone in emails.
Open questions and important phrases:
- “Write a cart abandonment email to potential customers that encourage them to complete their purchase.”
- “Can you write an email that reminds potential customers of the items they left in their cart and offers incentives to complete the purchase?”
- “Compose an abandon cart email that highlights the benefits of the products in the abandoned cart.”
- “Can you write an email that addresses common reasons customers abandon carts and offers solutions?”
- “Write a cart abandonment email that provides a special offer or discount to encourage purchase.”
- “Can you create a cart abandonment email that emphasizes the convenience and security of the checkout process?”
- “Write an email that shows similar or complementary products that the customer may be interested in.”
- “Can you write an email that provides a limited-time offer to encourage the customer to complete their purchase?”
- “Compose a cart abandonment email that includes testimonials or customer reviews to build trust and credibility.”
- “Can you create an email that concludes by expressing gratitude for the customer’s consideration and reiterating the benefits of completing the purchase?”
You can create an email that concludes by expressing gratitude for the customer’s consideration and reiterating the benefits of completing the purchase.
Of course! Here’s an example of an email that concludes by expressing gratitude to the customer and reiterating the benefits of completing the purchase:
Subject: Don’t miss the opportunity! – [Name of product/service]
Dear [Customer Name],
I want to thank you for considering [Product/Service Name] to meet your [need description] needs. We hope you have found all the information you need to make an informed decision.
I want to stress once again that [Product/Service Name] offers a number of unique benefits, including [list of benefits]. These benefits will not only give you [description of how the customer’s problem or need will be solved], but will also give you [additional benefits].
We’d love to help you get the most out of [Product/Service Name], and if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Thanks again for considering [Product/Service Name], and we look forward to working with you soon!
Complete the following fields:
Our [product or service] is the perfect solution to the [problem] many of our customers face. It offers [benefit 1], [benefit 2], and [benefit 3], making it a must-have product for [target audience X]. Write a sales email that highlights the product/service and invites customers to take action.
We are launching [product]. It is designed for [target audience]. Here are the top three features/benefits: [Item 1], [Item 2], [Item 3]. Write a sales email that invites the reader to buy a product at a discount of [percentage%].
“Generate a lead sales email that includes: “
Introduction: We are [name of your company], and we specialize in [name of your product/service].
Benefits: Our [name of your product/service] offers several benefits, such as [your first benefit], [your second benefit], and [your third benefit].
Call to Action: [Insert your clear and compelling call to action, such as ‘Schedule a demo today’ or ‘Sign up for a free trial’].
Sense of urgency or shortage: Act now to [insert your sense of urgency or shortage, such as ‘take advantage of our limited time offer’ or ‘join our exclusive program while seats are still available’].
Contact Information: If you have any questions or need more information, please contact us at [insert your preferred contact method such as phone, email, or chat] at [insert email address or phone number from your team].
Open questions and important phrases:
- How can I create a compelling first sentence that engages the reader’s interest?
- What are some ways to establish credibility and build trust with the reader in a sales email?
- Can you suggest some techniques to create a sense of urgency or scarcity in a sales email?
- How can I use storytelling to create an emotional connection with the reader and persuade them to take action?
- What are some effective ways to highlight the benefits and unique value of my product or service in a sales email?
- Can you help me create a clear and compelling call to action that encourages the reader to take the next step?
- What are some ways to personalize a sales email and make it more relevant to the recipient’s needs and interests?
- How can I use social proof or recommendations in a sales email to build credibility and trust with the reader?
- Can you suggest ways to follow up and keep in touch with the reader after sending a sales email without being too pushy or pushy?
Generate a welcome email for customers after they have made a purchase. The email should begin with a greeting that includes the customer’s name, express gratitude for their purchase of [name of your product/service], and provide a list of recommended steps for integration, including [first step], [second step], and [third step]. The email should also offer support from your team and provide contact information for them to get in touch, including [preferred contact method] and [your team’s email address or phone number]. Use [your name] as the closing letter in the mail.
Write a welcome email to my customers after they have purchased [product name]. Congratulate them on their purchase and invite them to keep in touch so you can continue to help them solve [the problem].
Open questions and important phrases:
“Write an onboarding email for a new customer that includes a brief description of our products and services.”
“Can you compose an email that welcomes new customers to our company and provides important information about setting up their accounts?”
“Write an onboarding email describing the process for accessing and using our products and services.”
“Can you compose an email explaining our customer support and billing policies and procedures?”
“Write a welcome email that introduces new customers to our team and provides contact information for any questions or concerns.”
“Can you create a welcome email that emphasizes the importance of customer satisfaction and our commitment to their success?”
“Write an email that provides a timeline of events and milestones for the customer onboarding process.”
“Can you write an email that encourages new customers to ask questions and seek support during the onboarding process?”
“Write a welcome email that highlights the resources and tools available to help new customers have a successful onboarding experience.”
“Can you create an email that concludes by expressing excitement about the arrival of the new client and reiterating our commitment to their success?”